MIS 322 - Fall 2012




Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Monday November 4, 2012 On Line Class

We had our class online.

We shared a conference telephone call number (http://www.freeconferencecall.com)
We shared my desktop thru http://join.me

Most of the students who sent comments, liked the class and the subject. However for some, there was a lag on the screen. Therefore, next time, I will slow down a little so there is not a lag.

Many students say that Morehouse faculty and staff do not listen to them. However, I like to hear from students when I try new ideas. But you must speak inorder for me to hear you.

The discussion was about Google place (http://www.google.com/places/) and how companies can get a free account and use it like a local yellow pages. Potential customers can search google.com and search for local businesses. Also, using your smartphone, you can use google maps to find local businesses (i.e. pizza in the area).

A good business opportunity for students is to create a free Google Place account for local business. You could charge $100-$500 to create the account.

2 comments:

  1. I thought the join.me approach to the class was very helpful. As someone who watches class regularly online, it made a wold of a difference to be able to share a screen. The ustream makes it hard to see the board at times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this class from the comforts of my bed. Not only was I stretched out across my bed, I learned the importance of Google Places. Google provides a wide array of information and tools useful for managing an online business. Google Places for businesses is a great tool for providing businesses exposure within Google's rich database.

    ReplyDelete